I’m backkkk! Happy New Year everyone 🙂 It’s been a few (try five) months since I last blogged, and my how I’ve missed it! What a busy end of summer, fall, and winter—I started my new job with Better Homes and Gardens as a home editor, we traveled to Michigan to visit my brother and sister-in-law’s “new” place, and of course the holidays came and went in a flurry…which leads us to these frigid (-40 windchill!) days where a warm bowl of pasta with alll my favorite bits and pieces is the perfect solution. Max was in charge of dinner tonight and he served up a good one. Gnocchi with just about anything is delicious, but mix together a parmesan cream sauce, peas, prosciutto, and sauteed mushrooms, and you have one of my favorite pasta dishes! Lucky me 🙂 I’ll be back soon, but for now, get in the kitchen and whip this recipe up!
As requested from my friends of Instagram…
Makes 4 servings
- 1 T butter
- 1 carton fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Dash of Italian seasoning
- 1 packaged diced pancetta (or sub in prosciutto or bacon!)
- 3 cloves garlic (the more garlic, the better!)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package gnocchi, cooked according to package directions
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat butter over medium heat. Saute mushrooms over medium heat. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and cook until outsides begin to brown. Add pancetta and garlic, and cook until pancetta crisps and garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, heat cream over medium heat. Stir in peas, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer gently for a few minutes. Stir in Parmesan and simmer gently for 2 minutes more until cream begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Stir mushroom mixture into sauce. Spoon over cooked gnocchi. Top with fresh Parmesan.
What’s your winter comfort food?