Happy New Year!! Wow, what a year 2012 has been. It’s had its ups and downs, but for the most part, I’d say it was a pretty phenomenal year. And bonus: The world didn’t end! I can’t wait for all that 2013 will bring, and for the first post of 2013, I bring you a tasty (and SUPER easy) appetizer, perfect when you need something quick to throw together for a party (or for yourself after a long day).
My mom and I made this little hors d’oeuvre before Christmas dinner, and even those who don’t like brie (Max!) ended up liking it! Plus, they look a whole lot more time-consuming and fancy than they actually are 🙂 Three simple ingredients get the job done…why not try it out in the New Year!
(Recipe from Iowa Girl Eats)
- 1 roll of puff pastry (in a single sheet)
- 1 log of brie cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lay out puff pastry dough. Slice brie into thin strips.
- Spread cranberry sauce over pastry, and top with slices of brie. Roll up, pinching together. Cut log into 1-inch pieces.
- In a greased muffin tin, place sliced rollups in each individual slot. Bake for 10 minutes, or until corners are toasted and light brown. Let cool before serving.