Peanut Butter Blossoms remind me of the holidays. Ever since I can remember, they were featured at our Shuger Christmas get-togethers. Whether it was my mom who made them or my Grandma Shuger, they were always present…and they always tasted delicious. Now that I’m all grown up (sigh), the Shuger traditions have been passed down to me, and even though I’m an honorary Shuger, I can still make peanut butter blossoms with the best of them. My mom’s recipe is the perfect mix of ingredients, and with peanut butter and chocolate mixed into one tasty treat, how could it not be your favorite holiday cookie!? I just can’t seem to pass them up 🙂
Shuger Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Small bowl of sugar
- Unwrapped Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat first 6 ingredients until fluffy. Beat in next 4 ingredients.
- Shape into 1″ balls (err on the smaller side); roll in sugar.
- Place balls 2″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately press kisses into cookies. Let cool on wire rack.