Oh dips…my go-to when I’m hosting a party. They’re fairly easy, serve a lot of people, all while tasting delicious. Spinach-Artichoke dip is one of those dips that just about everyone likes…now, in my spinach-artichoke dip experiences, it’s usually served warm. Well, we didn’t want to be messing with the oven while the party was going on, so I decided to try it out cold. After eating this version all weekend, I might actually prefer it! It’s definitely more thick and creamy than a hot, bubbly version, but it’s also a lot easier 🙂 And I even had a friend tell me that although she doesn’t like spin dip, she really liked this version! Always a bonus to hear a positive comment when making a recipe for the first time.
- One 8-oz. container fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat parmesan grated topping
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- One 14-oz. can artichoke hearts (packed in water), drained and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and parmesan topping. Add the salt and cayenne pepper, and then stir until smooth.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet until hot. Cook the shallots and garlic over medium heat until soft; Set aside.
- To the large bowl, add spinach, artichoke hearts, and garlic/shallot mixture. Stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.