I know what you’re probably thinking…enough with the buffalo-flavor recipes already. But way back when I made those t0-die-for Buffalo Chicken Poppers, I accidentally bought one too many jars of buffalo sauce. Sooo I’ve been trying to use it up (and FYI, I still have half a jar left!).
I ended up going out for a few cocktails and appetizers with my mom on Thursday afternoon, so dinner was a late-night affair. Jessie was coming over, but since I had already snacked my way through the day, we opted for something a bit lighter for dinner, and a fresh salad fit the bill nicely. Cue buffalo chicken. I ran to the store, grabbed a few fresh veggies, chicken, and some rolls (necessary), and proceeded to whip up a healthy, tasty salad before heading out on the town. Quick and easy, and if you’re making buffalo chicken, blue cheese is a must!
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1-2 chicken breasts (or use pre-sliced chicken tenders — so much easier!)
- 1-2 T buffalo wing sauce
- Hearts of romaine
- 1/2 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Blue cheese
- Desired dressing (we used Brianna’s ranch, but blue cheese dressing would be delicious, too!)
- Rolls, optional
- In a medium saucepan, cook chicken in 1 T olive oil over medium-low heat; cover with lid. Cook until no longer pink in the center. Add buffalo sauce to saucepan, stirring to coat chicken. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, wash romaine; pat dry. Arrange in bowl with fresh vegetables and blue cheese. Top with buffalo chicken. Drizzle dressing overtop. Add that roll (making sure to sop up any leftover buffalo sauce…mmm.)
Happy salad eatings!