I shall combine two of my favorite things — buffalo chicken and pizza — and I shall call it, buffalo chicken pizza. Those were my exact thoughts on Monday afternoon. I’ve been working harder at using up what I already have in my fridge before buying new groceries, and luckily, I had onion, hot sauce, and blue cheese from the previous week. So why wouldn’t I concoct a buffalo chicken pizza? Needless to say, it was amazing. Like I’ve said in previous pizza posts (which are about once per week, lately), you just can’t mess up a pizza.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 Boboli thin pizza crust
- Olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg chicken, cooked and shredded
- 3/4 cup hot sauce (Hooter’s wing sauce is my fave!)
- 1 small container of plain Greek yogurt
- Blue cheese crumbles, if desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium-size skillet, heat 2 T olive oil. Add onions, and reduce heat. Let cook for 20-25 minutes until onions are carmelized.
- Place cooked chicken in a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup of hot sauce, stirring to coat chicken completely. In a separate container, mix 1/2 cup hot sauce with 2/3 of the Greek yogurt. Stir well. If desired, (which, let’s be honest, who doesn’t want blue cheese crumbles!?) add blue cheese to yogurt mixture.
- Spread yogurt mixture over crust. Top with chicken, carmelized onion, additional blue cheese, and mozzarella.
- Bake on a pizza stone for 12-14 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is bubbly. Be forewarned, the sauce is a little runny, so it might seep onto your stone. You might want to put some foil down to avoid making a mess 🙂
- Dig in.