Wow, can you believe next week is July? And you know what that means…birthday month! I get to start celebrating my bday at 12:00AM July 1st until 11:59PM July 31st. I received my first birthday gift last night from my friends, Emily and Erik, and I absolutely loved it!! But more about that below…my top five for the week:
- Lonnggggg weekend. With the holiday coming up next week (woo hoo, America!), Max and I are taking a little trip to see his family in South Dakota. We’re going to be gone for four whole days! I’m so excited to have a nice and relaxing break and to get caught up on my reading material in the car 🙂
- GirlTalk. Yes, I went to the GirlTalk concert on Monday night. And yes, I was on stage the whole time. For those of you who don’t know, GirlTalk is actually a guy name Gregg who makes mastermixes and mash-ups of old and new music. Although I’m not an avid concertgoer (too hot, too close, too loud, too smelly), this one was so much fun! We were asked onstage right before he went on, and we jumped around like fools for almost two hours straight. Needless to say, my feet and calves were not too happy with me the next day. But it was well worth it!
- Cheese + Wine. Any time there is cheese and wine involved, I’m a happy camper. Factor in two of my good friends, Emily and Erik, and I’m even happier. Wednesday night, they came over for a drink and some cheese after we both taught classes, and
ErikEmily brought over an early bday gift — a cheese plate that you write on with chalk! So fun for sorting out which cheese is which 🙂 LOVE it!
- Wedding Bells. Ah, I love weddings. We have a friend’s wedding on Saturday and I’m pretty excited! Especially since I got some new shoes for it…hehehe
- Sarah Visit! Yayyy I got to see my long-lost friend Sarah on Thursday! She lives in Denver so we don’t get to cross paths too often, but every time we do, it’s like nothing’s changed. Takes me right back to high school in that little red car 😉 We went to Centro for a sangria and some calamari. So good to see her and catch up!!
What’re your 4th of July plans!? Ammerrrricaaaa!