I looove coconut but it’s something I often forget to use in recipes. It’s such a fun addition to spicy recipes for a little added sweetness, and works wonders on desserts. Well, I was scouring my foodie Pinterest board today trying to figure out something tasty and somewhat healthy to make for dinner, and I came across a good skinny coconut shrimp recipe. It was just what I was looking for on a scorching hot summer night, plus, I had everything I needed for it except the shrimp! So easy and so good. I whipped up a spicy-sweet sauce for dipping and stuffed my face while I indulged on some trash TV — perfect Monday night 🙂
Skinny Coconut Shrimp with Spicy-Sweet Dipping Sauce
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup coconut
- 1 t salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 T flour
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/4 jalapeno jelly
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Wash shrimp and pat dry. Set aside. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine bread crumbs, coconut, and salt in a shallow dish. Place egg in a separate dish, and flour in another shallow dish. Sprinkle shrimp with salt; dip shrimp first in flour, then egg, then coconut mixture. Place shrimp on baking sheet. Spray shrimp with a little bit of cooking spray.
- Bake shrimp for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine raspberry jam, jalapeno jelly, vinegar, and red pepper flakes (the more flakes, the spicier the sauce!). Taste-test and add more or less of ingredients as necessary. Dip and enjoy! 🙂