Last night, our good friends Emily and Erik joined us for dinner. I decided to try out a Pinterest recipe I’ve had my eye on for awhile: Proscuitto, Asparagus, Parmesan Pasta from the blog Val So Cal. Lucky for us, Ric Jac asparagus (the BEST asparagus ever!) is in season so I picked some up at Gateway for the pasta. We started the night off with some delicious cheese, garlic butter, and wine, and finished with the pasta and a romaine wedge salad. It was a great night! So nice to catch up with friends.
Orchid Update: My orchid plant is still alive. Yes, I got it yesterday, but you never know…It’s just so fragile!
On another side note: How cute are these wine charms?! My mom gave them to me, and since I have stemless wineglasses, they work great to distinguish your wineglass from everyone else’s (since Em is a lush and trys to drink everyone else’s wine…)! So fun 🙂
Proscuitto & Asparagus Pasta
(From the blog Val So Cal)
- 8 ounces of spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms (or 1 carton)
- 3 oz. of prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream (or one small carton)
- 1/3 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese (I prefer the big, shredded chunks of cheese!)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1) In a large pot, cook pasta according to directions.
2) Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook
onion, garlic, and mushrooms until fragrant and semi-done. Add prosciutto
and asparagus and cook until asparagus is bright green, about 3 min. Add
cream, 1/3 cup cheese, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat
to simmer and cook until sauce has thickened, about 4 minutes.
3) Pour sauce with vegetables over pasta and toss to coat.
4) Serve with a romaine wedge, carrots, cucumbers, parmesan, and a champagne vinaigrette!