Tilapia is a very versatile fish. It has such a mild flavor that it goes with just about anything. Well, we had a bunch of random leftovers from Sunday night’s dinner, so we decided to serve some of the items with tilapia. I went for a slightly sweet spin on the white fish, and finished it off with some parmesan couscous and fresh veggies. A nice, light meal after a grueling workout! Plus, with so few calories, I can splurge on some dessert (graham crackers and lemon frosting in particular!). What is your favorite tilapia combo?
Tilapia with Veggies and Couscous
- 2 tilapia fillets
- Coconut milk
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Fresh veggies (we had broccoli, green pepper, and zucchini)
- Parmesan couscous (we used Near East brand from the health food section of the grocery store)
- Place tilapia fillets in a large skillet. Add a generous pour of coconut milk so that fillets are covered. Sprinkle seasoning and garlic salt to cover fillets. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions. Place lid on to maintain heat as you cook the veggies.
- Saute veggies on stove, adding garlic salt and pepper. We like our veggies more crisp, so I didn’t cook them very long to keep them crunchy. Add tilapia to pan and cook until fish flakes.
- Serve tilapia with veggies and couscous.