I’m a lucky girl. Not only do I have a great boyfriend, but I have a great boyfriend who can cook! One of my favorite things he makes is shrimp tacos. Last weekend, Jessie came over for St. Patty’s Day and Max whipped us up a batch of shrimp tacos with mango salsa. Although I’m pretty sure his mango salsa changes just about every time he makes it (all of them are good, though!), I will try to narrow down his most recent concoction to share with you! If you’re anxious for summer, like me, throw a mini-fiesta and make some delicious shrimp tacos (and a skinny margarita or two…)!
Max’s Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fiesta Lime seasoning (or whatever seasoning you want for your shrimp)
- Flour tortillas
- Mexican-blend shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- Fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Rinse shrimp and dethaw if necessary; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine, jalapeno (I don’t use the seeds since I’m a wuss when it comes to heat!), mango, apple, cilantro (as much or as little as you like), red onion, red pepper, and lime juice. Mix together and chill in refrigerator.
- Warm tortillas in oven until ready to serve.
- Saute shrimp in hot skillet until they are opaque, adding seasoning while you saute.
Top tortilla with cheese, shrimp, and salsa, grab your margarita, and enjoy!